Several flights I didn’t have time to post… here you go…


Monday 1/18
Albany to Cincinnati on Delta #6063 connecting to Cincinnati to Milwaukee on Delta #4443

The flights were uneventful. Both were regional jets which aren’t the most comfortable air craft but the crews were courteous and there were no obnoxious passengers to deal with. Spent a lot of time on the second flight talking to a banker dude who travels a lot for work. Just before takeoff he was on the phone making all sorts of kissy-face sounds. I was like please let that be for his kids. It was. Nice guy dealing with the pressures of the road. I do have to ask what the deal is in the Cincinnati airport where the map directs you to a Starbucks but you get there and Starbucks doesn’t exist. Bummer.

On a sidenote, I stayed at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee which was fabulous. It is a real old school hotel that has a beautiful charm about it. And, room service is open 24 hours. The burger was awesome and the wine by the glass list was excellent.

Tuesday, January 18
Milwaukee to Charlotte on US Airways #3633 connecting to Charlotte to Tampa on US Airways #907

Had a one hour meeting in Milwaukee that went well. Got to the airport, changed from my suit to jeans, grabbed a cup of java and got to the gate in time to get some work done. Boarded on time, took off on time, landed on time – all of which I was grateful for as I had a 40 minute layover. Unfortunately it took the ground crew 15 minutes to get the gate-checked bags. When I got inside the E terminal I realized my flight was at a B gate – just about as far away as you could get. I sprinted through the terminals and got to my gate as they were announcing final boarding. The snotty gate agent was like, “Do you think you are going to Tampa today?” “Yeah dude, I think I am considering your door is open and the line is still running down the jetway.”

Thursday, January 20
Don’t remember my flights but it was an early morning one on United from Tampa to Chicago, and then a 1:24ish flight from Chicago to Albany

Went from Tampa back to the midwest for a quick meeting. I was so glad I went – on the early morning flight I was questioning the decision to rise at 4am and fly 3 hours for an hourlong meeting but it was well worth it. And, in a rare moment of air travel serendipity, I got to premier check-in at O’Hare at 12:35 for my 6:30 pm flight. The ticket agent let me know that the gate was right behind security. I changed flights, secured my upgrade, raced through premier security, sat down, and took off. I landed at 4:10pm and was home by 5. Quite unusual. But perfect.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: