NY, NY – San Francisco, CA | United #19 | 11A


I’m a little late in posting, but last Thursday I flew from LaGuardia to San Francisco, and what an exciting trip it was. It started with a goosebump-raising ride to the airport with a car service driver that was going to get us to the airport on time no matter what. I will remain forever grateful that I didn’t fly through the windshield of the car.

When we got to the airport we learned that our flight was delayed by two hours. Fortunately there was a Red Carpet Club and decent food options to help kill time. Good news – when I got to the gate I got upgraded which was awesome since I definitely planned to sleep. While waiting to board the plane we got a good chuckle from a guy across the row who was dousing himself with cologne. Interestingly, he also had a bottle opener around his neck. Clearly he had big plans for the night!

The flight itself was uneventful. A nice fruit and cheese snack, a glass of decent (for an airline) French wine, and then a long cross-country nap. Announcements were kept to a minimum, and there was no noticeable snoring from my seatmate.

The real adventure started when we landed. Kevin went to get the rental car, and I went to get the bags. Of course, his bags popped off the belt right away. And then I waited. And waited. And waited. And the belt stopped. No bag for me. So I went to the baggage desk and the very helpful United attendant told me that my bag had to be there as it was scanned just five minutes earlier as it was put on the belt. I looked again. I rubbed my eyes. Snapped my fingers. Said a prayer and did a rain dance. Still no bag. Bag to the baggage clerk.

Long story short, we realized that the last bag standing was a black bag that looked somewhat like mine – somewhat if you don’t pay attention to the fact that mine was bigger, heavier, a different brand, had two permanent tags and a bright orange priority flag. Other than that they were close. Anyway, after five frantic phone calls to the owner of the last bag standing she raced back to the airport and we made the switch. Hey, at least I got a United overnight kit out of it.


Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: